Magento, the most popular eCommerce platform has tons to offer to new and old businesses who are moving from brick and mortar stores to online ones. There is always some kind of buzz going on and it’s very difficult to keep up with the latest news.
Magento is a feature rich eCommerce platform that undergoes continuous improvements and there are new updates and features waiting for businesses to try and make the most of while they strive to improve their online sales and provide customers with exemplary shopping experiences while at their online store.
Here’s a roundup of the latest in Magento and eCommerce news:
- Magento Enterprise version 2.1 was released this month with amazing new features for eCommerce stores. These new features greatly simplify the use of eCommerce sites for both retailers and customers. The staging and preview feature allows you to preview and schedule updates to products, categories, descriptions and promotions.
- There is a new timeline dashboard that clearly shows you what you have scheduled and also enables you to track the sales process later to analyze the impact that your changes had on the sales.
- Elastic search was added. This ensures high quality search results. Elastic search is easy to set up, scale and manage. This new search feature supports 33 different languages out of the box.
- It also allows you to set your own stop words and synonyms to deliver better search results to your customers.
- Another great feature that was introduced in Magento Enterprise 2.1 is the PayPal enhancements. This has greatly helped streamline the checkout process. This implementation includes the PayPal in-context checkout so that users can checkout using PayPal without leaving your website.
- Storing your credit card information can be done in a safe way.
- Another important feature is the business management tools. These tools are made intuitive and easy to use for retailers. A few drag and drop tools were introduced to help website administrators to easily manage their business.
- Administrators can also create customized views for quick access of the products or customers and such other products.
- Pinterest is launching a new feature that will allow users to search with their smart phone cameras. The items in the frame of your smartphone camera will be searched and you will instantly see search results on your screen.
- This tool eliminates a lot of steps that a customer would usually go through to place an order. The overall eCommerce experience is greatly improved with all these features added.
- Amazon announced that they are expanding the dash buttons that allow you to place orders for specific products directly.
Finally, as eCommerce trends evolve, Magento ensures that businesses get enough features to help their businesses grow. Businesses constantly require new and interesting features to provide their customers with great shopping experiences on their websites. With all the new features added to Magento 2.1, businesses are definitely looking forward to implement them and create awesome eCommerce websites.