Client is contracting B2 as a provider of on-going website services. B2 shall provide Client with website maintenance, support and content updates to their website as needed by Client for an indefinite period. This agreement can be canceled at any time, without penalty, after ninety (90) days.
What Is Included In This Agreement:
- Priority support for maintenance issues, change requests and questions
- Help desk ticket system access
- Scheduled backups of website database and site files
- 24x7 uptime monitoring
- Adding or revising new text or graphical website content
- Updating WordPress core software and third-party plugins
- Keeping the website’s database optimized and fixing broken links
- Automated image compression
- Regular reporting on maintenance performed
- Communicate with Client’s other vendors (ISP, IT firms, email providers, domain registrar, etc.) to ensure their web/IT needs are being met, and all systems are running as expected.
- Less than 4-hour response time for server/network outages or website downtime
- Non-critical issues or change requests responded to within four hours (between 7 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday). Requests on weekends and holidays will be answered the next business day.
- Top-priority support in the event of website outage caused by a website error, or downtime due to a server or network outage.
What Is Not Included In This Agreement:
- Website re-design or re-development equaling more than a 50% change to the overall design or functionality of the website (we’ll let you know if it would be).
- Integration or custom programming to add features or functionality including, but not limited to, mobile app development, e-commerce/shopping cart, document managers, online communities and forums.
- Conversion of a website to a mobile/responsive design or Progressive Web App.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) or search engine marketing (SEM)
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Setup or management of paid digital marketing (PPC) advertising or email marketing campaigns
- Website hosting
- Photography or videography
Services not considered “standard website maintenance” will not be considered part of this agreement, and will be separately quoted by B2 as additional website design or development work. B2 will notify the Client if any request is outside the terms of their web maintenance plan or this agreement prior to the request being completed.
If Client exceeds the allotted hours for their maintenance plan, or submits a change request for programming new features/ functionality which would exceed the allotted monthly support hours, B2 will notify client in advance of any additional work being completed, and provide a price quote for the requested work.
An amendment to this agreement is not needed for any separately-quoted project or subsequent work performed by B2.
This agreement requires a ninety (90) day initial commitment, which can be canceled at any time by notifying B2 via email or phone.
Unused hours from Client’s web maintenance plan do not rollover to the next month. Monthly web maintenance time is reserved for the Client each month and keeps a place in the B2 team’s schedule.
During the duration of this agreement, Client agrees that B2 will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the website, and no other developer or web design agency will have back-end or “root level” access to or rights to change the website code unless agreed to by B2. This does not apply to website content updates made directly by Client or their representatives. If a party other than B2 makes changes to the website resulting in any errors, downtime, or other website performance issues, Client may be charged at an hourly maintenance rate to make necessary repairs.
Deadlines & Deliverables:
In critical instances of server or network outages or issues (e.g., website is down, is reporting serious errors, or running noticeably slow), B2 will respond within four hours (anytime day or night, 365 days/year). For non-critical issues (e.g., bugs, issues or questions related to WordPress and/or plugin functionality, page content formatting—items not resulting in server errors or a crashed website), B2 will respond within four hours (between 7 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday). Requests on weekends and holidays will be answered the next business day.
B2 Web Studios will fix any and all website issues within 24 hours of request (exception: if the issue is caused by an outside source, such as incompatible updates to third-party WordPress plugin, custom code from previous web developers, or other web software that may require a patch or workaround. In those cases, B2 will make every effort to fix the issue in a timely manner.
When Client puts forth an informational request and/or separate project-specific proposal, B2 will provide requested information within five business days.
B2 Web Studios will provide a formal document of what is included in their “scope of work” on a per-project basis, and will inform Client of any and all scope and estimate changes prior to any work being performed.
B2 will track each Client project or request, confirm receipt of request, provide timeline for completion, and send notification at the conclusion of the project or upon resolution of the issue.
To the best of its abilities, B2 will adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the maintenance requests at all possible costs. In the event that B2 has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, Client will be notified via email or phone the reasoning for any change.
The Client and B2 may disclose confidential information one to the other to facilitate work under this Agreement. Such information shall be so identified in writing at the time of its transmittal, and shall be properly safeguarded and not disclosed to third parties by the receiving party.
B2 Web Studios will provide Client with complete transparency and full access to the website. Upon request, B2 Web Studios will provide any and all requested website-specific information or access (e.g., admin login credentials) within 48 hours of request.
Work For Hire:
The Client and B2 are independent parties and nothing in this Agreement shall constitute either party as the employer, principal or partner of or joint venture with the other party. Neither the Client nor B2 has any authority to assume or create any obligation or liability, either express or implied, on behalf of the other.
any provision to the contrary, both parties agree that this is a Work for Hire contract and that, upon payment by Client, all rights to the Work shall be transferred to Client and, in the event of termination of the relationship, B2 shall assist in the transfer of such Work.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Wisconsin applicable therein. The undersigned agrees to the terms of this agreement on behalf of his or her organization or business.